Pandemic has altered our lives in so many ways. Everyone is forced to stay at home, putting a great deal of pressure on our body and mind health. The new normal dictated by pandemic has exhausted every one of us both mentally and physically no matter it is the employee or student. There is an immediate need for escape that can keep every one of us sane, and to do so, what is better than dancing. Dancing is the perfect way of expressing our emotions and at the same time keeping our bodies active. Thus dancing is a win-win situation. Dancing can help us to remove all stress and keep our mind and body health in check. There various benefits of dancing are keeping our minds healthy and fit, especially during the pandemic. Some of these benefits are mentioned below:
- Dancing is a blend of sport as well as creativity. It provides the perfect opportunity for the individual to improve one’s mental health. As it is a physical activity, it will help one’s body to be active and be in shape and, at the same time, brings out the creativity of the individual. This is because one keeps their mind active in learning and experimenting with a new movement to enhance their dancing skills. The biggest benefit of turning to dance that one can be engrossed in it so much that they forget that they are even tired.
- Many people, because of their confidence issues, do not take up any workout classes, including dancing. They feel awkward and thus feel out of place. But when one takes the courage to move out of their comfort zone, they can experience a whole new world. By constant practice, the dancing classes can help the individual to build their fallen confidence. Dancing is known as the biggest confidence booster, and thus this self-confidence is very crucial for one’s mental well-being.
- Dance is an effective way of getting aware of one’s body. The body, when is inactive, can weaken one’s core muscle, and thus one is prone to more injury. But with dancing, all this can be taken care of as it helps the body to get rid of all the extra weight and helps in making the body mobile. The body will experience a high energy level that can help in boosting one’s mental health.
- Dancing has been used by many to get relief from various emotional stress and tension. This is because, during dancing, dopamine and endorphins are released that are associated with the feeling of happiness. Also, dancing can be related to a meditative state where one keeps focus on choreography and thus give no attention to unnecessary worry and tensions. This helps the individual in getting to the right state of mind.
- Dancing allows individuals to express their emotions better rather than piling them up. Through expression and movements, all the feelings get released. It helps to remove all heaviness that otherwise one might never able to get rid of.
Hence these are the benefits that are provided by dancing in keeping one’s mind healthy and fit. Thus in these difficult times, dancing will provide you with a much-needed break.